If you are planning to be a Supergirl in your own right then you have to have a complete supergirl cosplay costume. Since you don't have the powers of Superman, you will need to make do with the best you can with what you have. There are some great tips that you should know when it comes to making your very own. These tips include;
* You need to have a complete supergirl cosplay costume with all the accessories that come with it, but a special price for the special price. The special price includes the cost for all the props that go with it, the special fabric that will make your hair shine or the top on your tiara. This should be a definite no-no if you are going to try and cheat the system.
* When getting a custom made one, you will want to look up the shipping time and rates. You will also have to consider the cost of the materials as well. A common mistake is that people order these costumes and then realize that they don't have the same size as they thought. This is the reason why the shipping time can be so high.
* Be sure to keep a copy of your costume's size chart. There are a number of different sizes that are available and most costume stores will have the size chart for you. Make sure to double check this chart and use it as your guide when placing your order. If they won't have the size you need you can ask them for a resized costume. They may not have a large selection, but it will be a lot better than buying a regular sized costume.
* Once you get your costume, be sure to read the instructions thoroughly. Most cosplay outfits are fairly simple, however some require additional beading to be sewn in. Read the instructions so that you know what needs to be done and how much extra work you will have to do to the costume. If you are new to cosplaying, you may find that it's easier to follow instructions than to try to figure out what you are doing.
* When making a supergirl cosplay costume, it is important to remember that you will probably spend a fair amount of time on it. Make sure you have plenty of time to put it together and to take it apart once you're done with it. It's not very fun to assemble a half-finished costume and then have to spend an hour or two later, tearing it apart again before putting it back together. Try to set aside at least two hours on either side of this principle. This will allow you to put in the time necessary to complete your costume, as well as giving you a chance to look at it in the long run.
If you can spare the time, consider purchasing a ready-made costume. This will save you both time and money. If you don't know how to make a costume, buying one already made will save you from having to do a lot of research and from having to deal with any sewing problems that may arise. If you can spare the time and the money, this is certainly the best way to go.
As you can see, creating a supergirl cosplay costume is pretty easy when you have access to all of the proper materials. Be prepared to do a fair amount of research as well, because you'll want to be certain that you've chosen the best piece for your personal collection. You can certainly search around online for different tips and suggestions. There are also many costume shops that carry a wide variety of costumes for cosplayers to choose from.